Interested in building your career in Columbus, Ohio? Good choice! The greater Columbus region includes 11 counties in Central Ohio, including over 2.1 million people and is the fastest growing metro area in the Midwest. The city of Columbus is the 14th largest city in the U.S. and the state capital.
Employment opportunities are diverse. For nearly a decade, Columbus has led the Midwest in job growth and GDP increases. The majority of employees in the region are white collar with an average age of 35.2 years and a strong Midwest work ethic.
Fifty-five college and university campuses are in the region including the Ohio State University. OSU is second among all national universities in industry-sponsored research. Fifteen Fortune 100 headquarters are located in the region, including household names such as Scotts, L-brands, JP Morgan Chase, Nationwide, and more. State employment offers many positions. Two world-recognized private research institutions are Chemical Abstracts and Battelle Memorial Institute. The world’s largest library cooperative is OCLC and is located in Dublin. Notable IT businesses include CoverMyMeds, Bold Penguin, Honda, and Saama. Columbus has been ranked as a nation hotspot for logistic companies. Major retail and insurance company headquarter also add to the mix of diverse opportunities. No single industry sector represents over 18% of area employment.
For more information to develop your personal career, visit Columbus Region or call 614-225-6063.
Columbus Ohio is the 14th largest city in the U.S. and the state capital. With a cost of living that is 10% lower than the national average and a steady annual growth rate of 1.8 percent. Columbus is attractive for both singles and families.
The region includes:
- The top-ranked zoo, public library, and science museum in the nation.
- Top-ranked most livable city, most affordable place to retire, and best place to raise kids.
- Commute-time below the national average.
- Home to some of the best healthcare providers in the nation, including Nationwide Children’s Hospital, the OhioHealth system, and OSU Medical Center.
- Diverse sports opportunities, including multiple golf courses, bicycling, water sports, and many team sports.
- The region is home to 20 theatre companies, 102 art galleries, and 18 museums. There is more park space per capita than any other U.S. City.
- Sports fans can enjoy NHL Hockey, Major League Soccer, a PGA Tour Event, a beloved minor-league baseball team, and, of course, Ohio State athletics.
The Columbus region is a welcoming place with a wide variety of cultures and lifestyles represented. Neighborhoods and communities range from traditional to eclectic. No matter how you want to live, the region is sure to have a place that feels just like home. Your Columbus Team Realtor can help you select the community that is right for you.
Traveling to visit family and friends is easy and convenient. The Port Columbus International Airport has invested more than $210 million in the past five years for easy arrival, departure, and personal comfort. The region is crossed by eight major interstate highways. Our Columbus region is located within a one-day drive or one-hour flight of over half the population of the U.S. and Canada.
To learn more about the advantages of living in the Columbus, Ohio, area contact The Columbus Team by calling 614-888-6100.