We ran across this article featured on CBS news earlier this year on what tired trends in home design are no longer popular with 2015 homebuyers.
While it’s true that you should always remodel or refresh your home in a way that pleases YOU, it’s also true that you should keep one eye on what is attractive to current and future buyers if there is any chance you’ll sell your home in the next few years. It may take a while for the trends in New York City or Los Angeles to make their way to Columbus, Ohio, but it’s also true that those trends will get here sooner than you might think!
What does CBS warn homeowners away from?
- Built -in desk counter space in the kitchen (Go with more usable counter space and cabinet storage)
- Chevron patterned wallpaper, carpet, or paint (Choose solid color walls and flooring)
- Whirlpool tubs (Try large showers with rainwater showerhead, and shelves, or soaking tubs)
- Minimalist inspired bare windows (Add simple shades or panels that allow privacy when desired)
- Mirrored and metallic furniture and built-ins (Exchange for a clean, modern mix of wood and metal)
- Over-the-range microwave (Opt for a drawer version and replace with an attractive range hood)
- Tile countertops (Choose an easier-to-clean quartz slab, granite slab, or concrete)
- Bright brass hardware (Try easy to clean and durable brushed or satin nickel or oiled bronze finishes)
Interested in more info? CBSnews.com has the full article online.