You may be wondering, “When is the best time to list my home for sale?”
Ask anyone and they’ll likely tell you the best time to list your home for sale is in the spring. But wait a minute! If you’re worried you’ve missed the spring market, we have news for you. There are still buyers looking for their perfect home, as we head into summer and yours could be it!
A recent study conducted by Zillow reveals, USA homes listed for sale in early May sell for $1,600 more than the average listing throughout the year. However, some cities do better listing in early June. This includes Columbus, Ohio! Homes in Columbus can get $2,900 more during the first couple weeks of June.
You might remember from one of our recent articles, that more buyers have reentered the market due to lower mortgage rates. More houses are going on the market now that winter is behind us. This will cause houses to have higher value, which is a great opportunity for sellers. List your home during the first two weeks of June for the chance to get your best price.
Ready to list your home? Start the process now so that it’s ready by the first week of June. Go through the following steps to get ready:
- Contact us to book a complimentary market analysis to know what the value of your home is in this market.
- We can help you determine what repairs or enhancements need to happen
- Give your house that extra dose of “curb appeal”. For example, plant some flowers or put some fresh paint on the porch.
- Spring clean and remove anything personal from your walls and shelves. A potential buyer needs to walk through the house visualizing it as their own. You may need to temporarily rent a storage space for some of your belongings.
- Take advantage of the Memorial Day long weekend to put the finishing touches.
- Our House Coach can help with the final details too!
Our experts here at The Columbus Team will let you know what needs to be done to prepare to list your home and get the best sale price. We know listing your home can seem overwhelming, but we’re here to help every step of the way. Our priority is to make buying or selling a home as simple, easy, and stress-free as possible.