Located just north of Columbus, with a thriving village life including festivals, a rec center, shopping, and dining, Powell has a small town feel with all the amenities of a capital city right next door. We’ve been exploring Powell, and have found five fabulous facts about Powell which will have you running to explore this great place to live, work, and play!
- Zoo much fun! The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium complex is in Powell, including the zoo, Zoombezi Bay water park, and Safari Golf Club. Come for a splash, see the animals, and play a few holes all in a weekend!
- More antiques than citizens! Visit the historic village business district and you’ll find more antiques for sale here than there are residents. No matter what kind of trinket or fine furniture piece you’re looking for, you can find it in one of Powell’s many antique shops: Vintage clothing, jewelry, furniture home goods, silver or glass, it’s here!
- Serenity lives here. Looking for serene natural beauty filled with jumping fish, birdsong, and the rustle of wildlife going about its business? The Emily Traphagen Preserve is 72 acres of trees, wetlands, pond, and meadow filled with wildlife and the soothing sounds and sights of nature.
- No one has to scream here! Other towns are screaming for ice cream, you’ve heard the chants…but Powell has plenty of the best handmade ice creams in the world, right here. Handel’s Homemade Ice Cream and Yogurt, Graeter’s, and Jeni’s Spendid Ice Creams are right here in Powell. Sample one, or do an ice cream crawl and taste test all three!
- Homegrown yums. Powell offers a true community garden. Community gardens are a great way to grow fresh food, build community spirit, discourage crime, and give opportunities to donate fresh produce to the needy. Anyone who would like to grow organic fruits and veggies may rent a 4’x8′ raised bed for $30. Contact the Village office for more information.
For more fabulous facts about Central Ohio neighborhoods, or to discover homes for sale in fabulous Powell, Ohio, contact The Columbus Team today, we know Powell!
[gravityform id=”2″ title=”true” description=”false”]