There are a LOT of great things about our city. It was difficult, but we managed to distill some of our favorites into the Top 10 Things We Love About Columbus:
- The people. You have to admit, most of us are really good neighbors. Columbus has that Midwest “niceness” vibe going, and we enjoy the small town friendliness with all the vibrant diversity of a big city. We’ve made a lot of Top Cities lists which say we’re a great place to live, and the wonderful people who live here are the reason!
- The sports. Columbus is a town that loves their teams. The Ohio State Buckeyes (NCAA football, basketball, and more!), Columbus Crew (MLS), Columbus Blue Jackets (NHL), The Columbus Clippers (IL baseball), Ohio Machine (ILL Lacrosse), The Aviators (PRO rugby), and Ohio Roller Derby (WFTDA)…there’s a sport for everyone to watch, cheer, and love.
- The culture. Columbus has art, music (opera, symphony, rock, jazz, and more), dance (including ballet), live theatre, comedy, festivals, and cultural celebrations galore!
- We have to list one of the nation’s premiere interactive science museums as its own thing. COSI is for anyone interested in science…and kids from 2 to 122! We know we’re lucky to live in a city that has several world-renowned institutions, and this is one of them.
- The Columbus Zoo. Our zoo has been rated one of the best in the nation, and is known around the world for their efforts at conservation and preservation of endangered species.
- The smarts. Columbus is lucky to have an abundance of colleges and universities which contribute to our quality of life as well as our knowledge. The Ohio State University, Franklin University, Columbus State Community College, Columbus College of Art and Design, Ohio Dominican University, Capital University, Otterbein, and more.
- The food. Columbus is home to a very diverse population, which means there is a world of good food to be found right here in our hometown. In addition to well-known cuisines of the world such as American, French, Japanese, Italian, Mexican, Chinese, Greek, and Indian, and Thai… Columbus has wonderful Somali, Korean, Polish/Russian, Ethiopian, Nepalese, Yemeni, Brazilian, and Kenyan food, too. Vegan or vegetarian? Yes! There are fine and casual dining options for everyone here in the capital city.
- The ‘hoods. Our neighborhoods are distinct, interesting, and worth visiting. Everywhere you look there are fun things to do, unique shopping, great restaurants (read number 7!), and great people. Getting to know Columbus neighborhoods can be a fun family adventure, or an enjoyable challenge.
- The parks. Columbus has the Metro Parks, a collection of 19 outstanding natural area parks with more than 27,000 acres. In those 19 parks you can find a rose garden, over 200 miles of hiking trails, some splash pads, statues, fountains, sledding hills, nature centers, and so much more. You cannot find a better park system anywhere…there’s something for everyone here…even summer camps for kids!
- Location, location, location. Columbus is a great town to visit or live in, and we love how central it is. Smack dab in the middle of Ohio, Columbus Ohio is also near the center of our great nation. Whether you’re interested in an easy drive to Cleveland, Lexington, or Chicago, or to hop a short flight to Atlanta, New York City, Denver, or Orlando…Columbus is a convenient distance to anywhere in the Continental United States.
If you don’t already live in Columbus and would like to move here, call The Columbus Team and we’ll help you manage the logistics of relocation. If you live here and are considering a move, We Know Columbus! We can help find your perfect new neighborhood in both cases. Call (614) 888-6100.