Mother’s Day Fun 2019
Celebrate a Mom on Mother’s Day in Columbus! Mother’s Day is a wonderful day to celebrate your mother, mother-figure, or your own motherhood by doing something special. It’s a day when Moms all over Central Ohio are being asked “What would you like to do today?” Here is a list of some of the events, options, and stuff to do on this special day. Whether you’re looking for a 5K run, a fancy dinner, or fun stuff to do as a family, here they are!
The Columbus Team wishes all mothers a very happy and enjoyable Mother’s Day!
The time to make plans and reservations is now. We’ve got a few suggestions below!
Do you have young and restless children and need to find an inexpensive family-style Mother’s Day solution? Why not go classic?
- Breakfast in bed for Mommy, with homemade cards signed by the kids (Have an infant? Tiny footprints will be a keepsake for life!)…then create a picnic lunch to go out and play in one of Columbus’ wonderful Metro Parks! And many of our parks are doing something special for mom, too!
- Help plant the vegetable and pollinator garden with Mom at Blendon Woods Metro Park’s Nature Center from 12:30-2pm.
- Visit the Ash Grove Picnic area of Blacklick Woods between 1 and 2 PM for a Mother’s Day Tram Ride.
- Make a craft and pick up scavenger hunt details at Homestead’s Nature Center from 12 to 2pm.
DIY Mother’s Day too much work? Have a little extra to spend on that special Mom without breaking the bank? Order and make reservations ahead and be Mom’s hero!
- Why not try ordering a Panera breakfast of delectable pastries and mouthwatering fruit salad, and hot coffee? Pick up is easy, and you can sneak out with the kids and give Mom an extra hour to sleep in. Bring paper and crayons in the car and they can create cards for Mom. Feed them at Panera, and she just might eat a peaceful breakfast without cute little moochers! Follow up with a family outing that won’t break the bank.
- Blooms & Butterflies at Franklin Park Conservatory.
- Ohio Black Masters Exhibition Week. Take mom to view the work of premiere African and African-American artists living in Ohio, at the King Arts Complex
- Mother’s Day celebration at the Zoo: Moms get in free with a paid child admission.
Pulling out all the stops? Or want a special Mother’s Day celebration for just the two of you? Here’s a list of local restaurants doing something special for Mother’s Day…they range from mid-priced to very posh, and all request or require reservations, so contact them NOW!
- Columbus Food Adventures: Fabulous Foodie Tours of Alternative Eats are available Friday, the Short North, German Village, Grandview Ave, Old Worthington Food Trucks tours are available Saturday, and Sunday is the tour of Taco Trucks! For a different and delicious Mother’s Day weekend celebration, check out CFA’s foodie tours! $50-65 per person, including transportation (some walking tours available), tastings, and an experienced guide.
- Art and Brunch Fill this Mother’s Day with art and food at the Columbus Museum of Art. Enjoy a day exploring the galleries accompanied by a relaxing lunch in Derby Court. Members get first reservation picks until April 12 when the event open to the public for reservations. Times available from 10:00 AM – 2:30 PM (Space is Limited) Please call: 614.629.0359. Adult with gift, $65, Adult, $45, Student (6-17 yrs), $20, Child (<5 yrs), $5. Members receive a $5 discount on tables. Please double check this event is still happening in 2019.
- Peter Pan: Ticket go on sale on Mother’s Day for the story of this beloved character who will delight Mom and the whole family. Enjoy it in the Southern Theater. Performances available Friday to Sunday, May 17 to 19th. Tickets run $19-$42. Call or visit the website to purchase tickets. 224-6672 Tickets also available via Ticketmaster.
- Taking Mom to Brunch? Dinner? We have a resource for you! OpenTable.com has a listing of many of the Central Ohio restaurants with Mother’s day specials. Find a restaurant you love, and make a reservation for Mom’s special day! The Boat House, Buca di Beppo, The Chintz Room, Eddie Merlot’s, Lemongrass Fusion, Lindey’s, McCormick & Schmick’s, and Spagio are all represented, with many more. We’ve listed some of our favorites below.
- The Blackwell: Mother’s day Brunch. Reservations required.
- Buca di Beppo Locations: Join us.
- Cameron’s American Bistro: Brunch and Dinner specials, reservations required.
- Cap City Diner: Brunch and Dinner specials, reservations recommended.
- Due Amici: Special Mother’s Day features.
- J. Gilberts: Mother’s Day Prix Fixe. Reservations recommended.
- Lemongrass Fusion Bistro: Dinner Special
- M: Special Brunch, reservations required.
- Marcella’s: Special Brunch or Dinner menu. Reservations recommended.
- Martini: Mother’s Day Brunch or Dinner Menu, reservations required.
- McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood: Join us.
- Molly Woo’s: Special Mother’s Day dinner. Reservations required.
- Ruth’s Chris: Lunch or Dinner, Reservations recommended.
- Z Cucina di Spirito: Mother’s Day Italian feast, reservations required.
Is Mom a marathoner? Or would she love to watch you race and dedicate your run to her? Sign up now!
- Mother’s Day “INCLUSION REVOLUTION” 5K Run/Walk, Lamplighter Drive, south of the AMC in Grove City.
To all the Mothers in our lives and in yours, for all their hard work and sacrifice, we say “Happy Mother’s Day Columbus!” from The Columbus Team.