Is it time to improve your fitness? Eat only healthy foods? Perhaps you need to work less and play more? The New Year is a time we evaluate ourselves and work towards greeting the next New Year as a better version of ourselves.
We at The Columbus Team know houses, so here are the 10 most common New Year’s resolutions your home might make…
- Get organized. I need to declutter and organize so that I can be the home I was meant to be.
- Update my look. Paint colors have changed since the last time I checked an interior design magazine, maybe it’s time to get my colors done?
- Exfoliate regularly. Cleanliness is SO important to my beauty routine!
- Schedule spa days. Trimming the bushes, plucking weeds, sweeping the porch…curb appeal is important, even at my age.
- Breathe deeply. Get the furnace checked, vacuum the ducts, and clean the chimney for health and safety.
- Look into my eyes. Maybe it’s time to get my windows replaced to keep me looking young and vibrant.
- Plan for the future. What updates can I make that will increase my value AND make living with me more enjoyable?
- Stay fit! It’s more than time to get my energy use down and improve my living conditions by checking my insulation, caulking gaps, switching to LED bulbs, and perhaps even a water heater blanket.
- Enjoy nature more. Freshen up my deck or patio to get the best use of my outdoor space.
- Get out there and mingle! Enjoy all the changes and updates I’ve made by inviting people over and being more open to new people and ideas!