Many people consider taking their homes off the market over the holidays or decide to wait until the New Year to list their home. Here are 6 reasons that suggest the holidays may be the perfect time to go into contract on your property!
Why list your home for the holidays?
- Many of us begin anew in January; new jobs, making dreams come true, fresh resolutions about living well, etc. That can include buying a dream house. Your home needs to be on the market now for the folks that want to move into a new home in the new year.
- Because the tax year ends December 31, many buyers will buy now, rather than waiting until January. These are very motivated buyers!
- This is the perfect time for sellers! Casual Looky-Loos are home with holiday parties and plans, only serious buyers are looking now.
- It’s the perfect conditions for listing. Your home is decorated and inviting, showing it’s best features…and the competition is limited, as other sellers take their homes off the market for a couple of months during the holidays.
- Smart sellers know they can list their home now to take advantage of the end of the tax year and serious holiday buyers and still enjoy the holidays in their current home. Sell now, and arrange for closing in the New Year!
- Your home looks great for the holidays, smells terrific, too, but you’re worried you should wait for “good weather” to show your home off to it’s best advantage? No worries! Display framed photos of your home in spring and summer in a prominent place, along with other info about the home. Buyers will respond to your smart marketing, and have a great idea of how fabulous your home is in the warmer months!