Love a good SCARE? Here's a list of haunted houses in Central Ohio, along with ticket information. Professional haunted houses are NOT for the faint of heart, or young children. Most of them are not only truly terrifying, but are off the scale for gore or adult content as well: Be warned.
The amateur haunted house is frightening as well, and a great value. Tour at your own risk: These place all offer gasps, screams, and heart-pounding fun!
(Unless otherwise marked, all venues are running from now until October 31st)
- The Haunted Hoochie: A state-wide attraction, and not to be missed by the adrenaline junkies! Truly ADULT content, including demon birth simulation. Thursday-Saturday Doors open at 8:30pm, open as long as there's a line to get in. Tickets are $20 and $30 each. Open 9/27-11/3.
- Scareatorium: A great scare, and two venues in one. Also offer face-painting for an additional fee.
Fridays-Saturdays 7:30pm-12:00am Oct 12-13, 19-20, 26-27, Nov 11-2, and Sundays 7:30-10:00pm Oct 14, 21, 28.
General Admission Tickets are $20
6765 Dublin Center Drive, off of Sawmill Road
Not for children on most days, but they do have a “Lights On Sunday” event with lights on/no actors that may be fun for the very brave over-six set! Sundays 5:00-7:00pm Family Lights-On (No Actors) Check website for ticket pricing.
- Walking Dead Mansion: The second year in operation, run by the Vassor Village Civic Association. Open for a lights on sneak peak October 18 7:30-9:00pm , then open October 19, 20, 26, and 31 from 7:30-10:00pm. General Admission Tickets are $5, VIP tickets are $7. Located at 625 E Jenkins Ave, Columbus
- For haunted houses with a moral, religious theme, or hauntings further afield in Ohio, visit Scary Ohio.
Looking for a family friendly seasonal activity? This is your list! These events are all safe for most children, and are family friendly. If you have any doubts or questions, please contact the venue for more information.
- The Haunted Ship: Held on the Santa Maria, this seasonal adventure promises a LITTLE boo for everyone, and a great time for families.
Open October 25-27, from 7:00-11:30pm.
$5 for adults, $3 for kids 3-12. Located at 25 Marconi Blvd, Columbus Ohio. 614-645-8760
- Scareatorium: Not for young children on most days, but they do have a “Lights On Sunday” event with the venue fully lit and no actors involved, that may be fun for the very brave over-six set!
From 7:30-10pm on Sundays, check website for ticket information 6765 Dublin Center Drive, in Dublin
- All Hallow's Eve: The Ohio Village offers a traditional and family focused 19th century Halloween experience, fun for children of all ages. Open Saturday, October 13 and 20, 5:30-9:30pm. Tickets are $12 for adults and $9 for children. Located at the Ohio Village, 800 E. 17th Ave, Columbus
- Boo At The Zoo: This fun family even includes candy stations, Little Boo maze and mansion, and a haunted train ride! All suitable for very young children. The merry, not scary, side of Halloween.
Open Friday through Sunday, check website for dates and times, at the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium with Zoo admission or membership.