Welcome to the new blog spot for The Columbus Team at Keller Williams Capital Partners Realty. We know Columbus! Thanks for reading and please let us know if there is anything you want to know about Columbus Real Estate, Real Estate in general or an event you want to know more about or even promote. We’ll do our best to share our knowledge and help keep you informed.
Fall has arrived and if you’re like me, a life-long Columbus resident, we welcome the change of seasons with an unspoken excitement for cool evenings with friends on the porch, Mother Nature’s gift of color and all the exceptional fresh veggies that come to the table quicker than we can eat their bounty! (Actually, there are countless more reasons to love the Fall Season, but this is just a start.) Especially notable after our recent wind storms, “The Great Black-Out of 0-8”, one can smell the familiar scent of the illustrious urban fire pit as we take advantage of our sacrificed trees and branches while we review our day, contemplate our future and enjoy our blessings. On the flip side, we know what is coming next…. As the seasons shift we’ll experience Darkness by 5 PM, icy car window’s to scrape in the morning and a general slow down as we hunker down for the coming winter, but enough about that!
Let’s celebrate the season and fall in love with our city again! Here’s a short list of fun fall activities to take advantage of in Central Ohio before Old Man Winter takes hold:
1. Circle S Farms: Kids can play in a barn full of hay, take a hay ride to the pumpkin field and enjoy a taste of the country.
2.Wexner Center for the Arts: Make sure to see the new Andy Warhol Exhibit open until Sun, Feb 15, 2009. Thursdays from 4-8PM are FREE!
4. Boo at the Zoo: Check the Columbus Zoo website for times through October for family friendly fun at our very own world class Columbus Zoo & Aquarium!
5.Ghost Tours at the Statehouse: Email email@example.com or call Miss Emma for tour details: 614-387-1086 “…combines history and legend in this hair-raising but bloodless lantern guided tour”
6.COSI:COSI is always enjoying new exhibits and beginning in October, “Sesame Street Presents: The Body” will launch a new interactive exhibit. Check out the annual membershipfor great savings. If you go a couple of times in a year, it’s well worth the cost of the membership.
7.Renaissance Festival: The 19th annual Renaissance Festival is in full motion for the season with loads of entertainment, food and jolly good times in the spirit of 16th Century England during the reign of Queen Elizabeth I on 30 acre historical replication of a village in Harveysburg, Ohio. Get your turkey legs here!
8. Santa Maria haunted tours: Check out the Haunted Tours on Columbus’s own Replica of the Santa Maria Ship in the heart of downtown for 3 nights only! October 30th, 31st and November 1st from 7-10 PM. Adults $5, Youth 3-12 $2.50, seniors 60 plus $4.50. Group rates of 10 or more available with advanced reservations. For more information, call 614.645.8760.
9. OSU Football: This link will take you directly to the official schedule! Easy entertainment during the home games can be found everywhere you look, but most especially along Lane Ave. bordering the north side of the University. Go Bucks!
10. Experience Columbus: Log on to see a myriad of discounts at many of our area Festivals, Restaurants, Museums and Sporting Events from 10/10-10/13.
We are so fortunate to live in Columbus, a dynamic hub nestled in Central Ohio with so many outlets for culture and arts, sporting events, amazing restaurants and world class libraries and parks. Enjoy!